Welcome to PopDish! We’re excited to have you in the community. To ensure you get the most out of the app, we recommend browsing the thousands of tasty dishes, connecting with others, and making a few simple contributions.
Step 1: Bookmark Something Tasty
See something you like, but aren’t quite in the mood? Tap the bookmark icon in the upper-right of any photo—either on the home screen, or on a dish page—to save it to your bookmarks.
Step 2: Review a Dish
Have a go-to meal that you order often? Leave a review!
To leave a review:
- Tap the purple “+” button on the home screen
- Ensure the location it’s searching is where the restaurant is located
- Search for the restaurant
- Search for the dish
Step 3: Connect with Others
PopDish is all about community. Connecting with others helps you discover new food, and notifies your followers of your latest finds.
You can find and follow users by either tapping on their name from a dish review, or by the following steps:
- From the home screen, tap the “Profile” icon in the lower-right-hand corner
- Scroll down and tap “Find Friends”
- Begin searching for a user by name
- Once you find their profile, tap “Follow”
Step 4: Make a Discovery
In PopDish, adding a new menu item that wasn’t already in the database is called a discovery. Discoveries earn you some serious PopCred (+500 per discovery), because they take more time and effort.
If you go to review a dish (see Step 2 above) and nothing shows up when you type in the dish name, you’re able to make a discovery.
To make a new discovery (add a dish):
- Tap the purple “+” button
- Search for the restaurant for the dish you want to add
- Start typing the new dish name until “No Dish Found. Add new?” text appears
- Tap “Add new?”
- Add the information as requested
Once you’ve completed these four steps, you will have not only made a noteworthy contribution to the PopDish community, you will have racked up some solid PopCred and earned a few badges. Where you go from here is up to you—we’re excited to see what you discover.