Last Updated: April 22, 2020
The PopDish™ app values your trust and respects your privacy—and is committed to protecting them. It is owned and operated by Oneloa Ventures, LLC.
Our mobile app and online website are intended for individual adults, not businesses, who reside in and use it only in the United States of America.
PopDish does not intend to collect information from children or anyone under the age of 18 (or 21 in States where that is the age of majority). If you do not meet these age limits, you should not provide information on the app or our website, and should ask your parent or guardian to do so for you if they desire to do so.
Note to EU/Swiss users: Residents of the European Union or Switzerland who use this app should not expect, and are not intended, to have privacy or data protection available under their local laws.
Information We Receive or Collect
We collect or may receive from you certain personal information when you sign up for the services, specifically, your name, email address and telephone number.
We may also collect and receive from you information you have discretion about providing to us (either by your mobile device or computer settings) or choices you make when you register, specifically, location of your mobile device or computer, and personal food allergies, and diet, dining, and eating preferences you may or may not specify.
We also may receive from you and collect any information you submit to us such as food or restaurant ratings, reviews, photographs you upload, restaurants you add or like, menu items you add or like, other users you follow or subscribe to within the Service, and information about food and restaurants you provide.
Contests and/or Sweepstakes: PopDish may offer contests or sweepstakes on the PopDish website or the app. Because the rules and terms of each contest or sweepstake can vary, all information about each contest or sweepstake will be clearly posted during the event. All contests and sweepstakes are conducted in full accordance with United States federal and state laws. When registering for a contest or sweepstake, PopDish requests certain personal information. At a minimum, the required information includes name and email address; in some cases, the user must answer mandatory survey questions about a range of other personal data. The information gathered in the entry form is used to:
- Verify the entrant’s identity;
- To send the entrant an email notification that their entry has been received;
- To contact winners and/or prize recipients; and
- To compile general, non-personal demographic information.
Surveys: Occasionally PopDish may conduct on-line or in-app user surveys or polls to improve our Services or food or restaurant products. We may sometimes share the aggregated demographic information from these surveys with our business affiliates, partners or restaurants. We never share information about specific individuals, or your personal identifiable information, with any third party.
Customer Support (phone, online chat or email): If you contact PopDish for customer support, we will need to collect certain personal, product information to resolve your question or concern. Such information is then stored in a customer contact log, so that if you contact us again, we have a record of your past service history.
What are cookies and how does PopDish use them?
A cookie, and similar technologies, are a small data file that our app or website may use that writes to your device memory details of your visits or use of the Services. That file may contain information we use to track your use of the services, and to facilitate or ease your next use of the Services.
PopDish does not respond to “do not track” requests from your web browser or the application. Your device or computer may also alter or delete cookies and similar technologies that have been used with the Services.
How We Use Information
Your personal information will be used to identify you so you can log into the Services, and to provide the Services you. We may also contact you via email or text with marketing, information, or other updates. You may opt out of many of these communications.
Photographs you provide to us may be used and displayed in the Services for other users to view, temporarily or permanently. We reserve the right to crop, modify and alter such photographs to best present the photograph or optimize its relevance for the Services. We may also aggregate your photographs with other photographs to customize them for our promotion to or on behalf of restaurants or other third parties. We reserve the right to use and license to third parties any photographs you upload through the Services, and we may, but are not obligated to, use your username or actual name with photographs you submit through the Services. In many instances, other users of the Services will be able to see in the app or website that you submitted the photographs you submit through the Services.
The location, analytics and other information are used:
To personalize our Services for you, including:
- Display restaurants and menu items near you.
- Display food or menu items according to your preferences, searches, exclusions or diet.
- Customizing our marketing and updates for you.
- Displaying more relevant ads in our app or on our website (ads are created in and served from our own system—not by third parties or other advertising providers).
- Utilize third-party mapping or navigation services (such as Apple Maps or Google Maps) to help generate user-friendly names for locations (such as turning latitude and longitude data into a specific city name, or address), and to help display or navigate to restaurant locations.
- To communicate with you, respond to your requests, questions, or comments. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages, and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you of changes in our Services, our Services offerings or new features, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. All these communications are considered part of the Services though you may opt out of many or most of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about PopDish. You may control whether or not you receive marketing messages from us. If you have additional questions about a message received from us, please contact us. Our contact information is provided below.
In furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services. More specifically, we use location, analytics and other information:
- To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features. We try to make our Services useful and helpful to you and users in your area and demographic. For example, we may improve search functionality by using data and information collected to help determine the preference and relevance of food, dishes, and restaurants nationally and in your area, or create new features or products.
- As aggregated or de-identified data. We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified data or other Information for any legitimate business purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, such as telling a PopDish user the average amount of time spent at a particular restaurant; providing advertisers with general demographics of users in your area; display campaign performance metrics to advertisers or restaurants such as number of views on a dish, highest-rated photos, and trends.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
Of course, we may also use any data or information we have from you as required by applicable law, legal processes, or government regulation.
How We Share and Disclose Information
PopDish will not sell, rent, trade, or lease your personal information for marketing purposes. We will only share information with third-party agents who provide services for our business operation. These agents must comply with our privacy policies and cannot use your personal data for any other purpose. Apart from this, we disclose personal information only in the good faith belief that we are required to do so by law, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to: comply with legal process; respond to any claims; or protect the rights, property or personal safety of PopDish, our customers, or the public.
How secure is the personal information I provide PopDish?
PopDish believes that it uses reasonable precautions to protect your personal information. We use Google Cloud to host our mobile app, and data, information and content provided through our app and website for the Services. Click here for information about Google Cloud and its security features. If you want to get granular about Google’s security these links apply and will inform you about Google’s:
Data Protection Officer
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email email@example.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
This section has additional details about the personal information we collect about California users of the Services and rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”).
For more details about the personal information we have collected over the last 12 months, including the categories of sources, please see the Information We Receive or Collect section above. We collect this information for the business and commercial purposes described in the How We Use Information section above. We share this information with the categories of third parties described in the How We Share and Disclose Information section above. PopDish does not sell (as sell defined in the CCPA) the personal information we collect (and we will not sell it without providing a right for you to opt out). Please note that we do use third-party cookies for our advertising purposes.
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request more details about the categories or specific pieces of personal information we collect (including how we use and disclose this information), to delete their personal information, to opt out of any “sales” that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will verify your request using the information associated with your account, including your name and email address. Government-issued identification may be required. California consumers can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf.
E-Mail and Telephone Number Privacy:
We never share your email or telephone number with third parties for them to market to you.
Your e-mail address will only be used within PopDish. We do not sell or rent e-mail addresses to anyone outside of PopDish. If you wish to be removed from our e-mail mailings, see the next paragraph or click here and complete the form to remove your e-mail address from our list, or call at our number listed below. You may also write to use at our address below however, email will reach us and be responded to more readily.
How to contact PopDish:
Email is best: email@example.com
Oneloa Ventures, LLC, 770 E. Main Street Suite #346 Lehi, UT 84043 USA
Call our Service Center at 1-801-447-1723 during regular business hours.
How can I manage my personal information or change my opt-in/out status?
For newsletters, marketing, and special offers, you may change your email address, change your preferences, or opt-out from receiving such PopDish communications by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting removal. These options are also generally included in the email communications we send.
How can I contact PopDish if I have further questions?
Customers may contact us at the customer information listed at email@example.com.